Regional Training Provider
CAMS is equipped to provide a broad range of products and services to other ASNs, dependent entirely upon the requirements of the ASN and the capabilities that they desire to enhance within their territory.
CAMS' capability is reinforced through the FIA’s:
- Gold Level accreditation of the CAMS Officials Training Program – the first ASN in the world to achieve such accreditation
- Accreditation of CAMS as a RTP – one of only four ASNs to achieve this status in the World
Why work with CAMS?
As an FIA Institute Regional Training Provider (RTP), CAMS has successfully trained and provided mentoring to over four thousand officials and marshals as part of its International Officials Training.
CAMS has extensive experience in the development and delivery of high quality officials training programs. This experience has been gained through the evolution of CAMS’ world renowned National Officiating Program in addition to the provision of
international training consultancies including, but not limited to the following:
- Training and operational support for the Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix
- Operational support for the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Training and operational support for the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix
- Training and operational support for the Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix
- Training for the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Officials training for the Ceylon Motor Sports Club, Sri Lanka
- Officials training for the Formula 1 Vietnam Grand Prix 2020
- Support in establishing Vietnam's national sporting authority, Vietnamese Motorsports Association
Case Study: Vietnam
The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport will be playing a key role in bringing Formula 1 to Vietnam in 2020.
CAMS has assisted in the formation of the new motor sport governing body for Vietnam, the Vietnamese Motorsport Association (VMA) which is now up and running.
Some of Australia’s most prominent officials including Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Clerk of Course and Supercars Race Director Tim Schenken and 2016 FIA International Best Doctor Dr Brent May will play key roles in ensuring the success of the Australian event is replicated in Vietnam in 2020 and beyond.
More than 900 officials are required for the inaugural event, with senior CAMS Officials providing mentorship to its Vietnamese counterparts.
Training and Consultancy Services
CAMS has a highly skilled and experienced International Training Team and specialises in training and consultancy across a number of different disciplines.
CAMS can tailor its training service delivery according to the specific demands, capability and requirements of your ASN and offers a comprehensive suite of training options with individualised service.
Officials Training and Licensing
- e-learning (on-line) platforms
- instructor-led training
- virtual training (webinars)
- practical training
- training opportunities at CAMS motor sport events
- training needs analysis
- event planning and co-ordination
- organising committee support
- operational event management and support
- operations team
- independent event and circuit/venue audits
- ASN consultancy (governance and administrative structures)
- competitors, drivers and navigators licensing
- event permitting
- sporting and technical regulations
- judicial systems
- road safety program (CAMS Ignition)
- driver development initiatives
CAMS International Training Team Contact:
Director of Motor Sport & Commercial Operations
P: +61 3 9593 7785
Email: [email protected]